Thursday, April 16, 2009

Running A Marathon (Whew!)

I am running a marathon, well not really! But it sure feels like one, I am almost finished with this spring semester of graduate school and let me tell you--it was the worst! But I learned how to balance my time better, I did a lot of reading (slave narratives) ***zzzzzzzzzzzz***. No seriously, I had some good reads and some difficult reads. As I think back, Wild Seed by Octavia Butler was a complex read. I am a not into Sci-Fi or the supernatural--that's just not me!! But hey I got through it, I survived! But it's not over yet, I only have a two week break and I will be back to the books! While running my two year book marathon , I have to constantly tell myself :




2 comments:

Fannie said...

Agreed, I don't like sci-fi or supernatural books and movies either.. for me, it's gotta be about real people feeling real emotions. It has to be a realistically possible story for me to get on board.
Anyhow, good job !

Unbreakable said...

Awww well all the best with all that reading, sci fi or supernatural is not my type either, i am not studing for the gmat,wish me luck.

As i wish you luck