Are you making some cookies for Santa? Well I know I am! Being a fan of sugar cookies, I am sure Santa will be a fan of them too! Since I don't have the title of the "World's Greatest Baker" I decided to turn to the great All Recipes Website, where I found a great sugar cookie recipe. Hope you enjoy it!
Sidenote: I will let you all know how my version turned out or better yet I will see if Santa could leave a quick note before he goes off into the night!
Prep Time: 20 Min
Cook Time: 8 Min
Ready In: 3 HrsIngredients
* 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup margarine, softened
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Gradually blend in the sifted ingredients until fully absorbed. Cover dough, and chill for 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. On a clean floured surface, roll out small portions of chilled dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out shapes using cookie cutters.
3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are barely brown. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 97 | Total Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 9mg
Recipe courtesy of All Recipes