Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Cinco De Mayo with a Twist

Today is such a fun day which is totally hilarious to me!!! This is a day where we go out and drink, take shots and eat great Mexican food with great company! Well I can’t speak for all, but hell—that’s what I normally do on Cinco De Mayo!! I am so excited---I can just relax and not think about work or school and drink a HUGE margarita! Like this one, to be exact:

Besides drinking I will doing a bit of dancing! Ha, let me stop lying I just don't want to sound like a lush, as if all I will be doing is drinking. :) But I will definitely be stuffing my face with shrimp tacos and some good chicken soup or pollo la sopa. Enough about me, to help you kick off your Cinco De Mayo, (here's the twist) I am going to give you a great cocktail to hound the bartender about tonight: The Mexi-tini
It's a simple, flavored Martini made of Van Gogh Oranje Vodka, tequila and orange juice. The Mexi-tini is the perfect spring citrus cocktail for any occasion that brings a little sunshine to the day.

Ingredients:

  • 1 oz Van Gogh Oranje Vodka
  • 1 oz tequila
  • 1/2 oz orange juice
  • orange slice for garnish

Preparation:

  1. Pour ingredients into cocktail shaker, and add crushed ice.
  2. Let stand for five seconds.
  3. Shake vigorously for five seconds.
  4. Strain into a martini glass, and garnish with an orange slice


Enjoy your Cinco De Mayo and be safe!!!











0 comments: